Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Slow Cooker Recipes

Cooking a chicken in my Rival Crock Pot (on low for 8 hours). I added spices and 1/2 jar of Trader Joe's Salsa Verde. I just read (at one of the links) that I should have skinned the chicken first but I didn't and I am not about to do it now. I will remember for next time. Let you know how it turned out... Update: It was tasty and made great soup too.

Found a recipe online for Oatmeal using steel cut oatmeal.

Before you go to bed,
add 4 cups water,
1 cup steel cut oatmeal
to your Crock Pot
cook overnight on LOW.

It will be ready in the morning. I haven't tried it yet.

LINKS, SLOW COOKER RECIPES:
Crockpot 101
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork...
Eating Well Crock Pot Recipes
Better Homes and Gardens
Apple Crisp
Gluten Free/Refined Sugar Free Version Apple Crisp:
Mix the walnuts in with the apples rather than the topping.
Use xylitol in place of sugar
Add some molasses to the crumb topping to add the richness of brown sugar.
Substitute cinnamon and nutmeg in place of ginger (if you don't like ginger).
Less sweeter: 1/4 cup of xylitol in the apples and 1/3 cup in the crumb topping, with about 1/4 cup of the molasses.
Omit cornstarch (substitute a few Tbsp. gluten-free baking mix.
Earth Balance in place of butter

Better Crocker
allrecipes.com (stews)
Better Homes and Gardens 11-1-11 update

No comments:

Post a Comment